If you've been searching for Xbox Series X stock or looking where to buy Xbox Series S, Microsoft has conceded that supply of either console will still be constrained through the end of this quarter at a minimum, which ends on March 31.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella confirmed during the company's conference call with investors that the release of Xbox Series X|S was the "most successful in our history with the most devices ever sold in a launch month."
This success has led to high demand, and chief financial officer Amy Hood confirmed that demand for Microsoft's new console "significantly exceeded supply" and that sales will "still be constrained by supply."
- Xbox Series X vs Xbox Series S: which Xbox is right for you?
- Xbox Series X vs Xbox One X: should you upgrade?
- Best Xbox Series X games: all the top titles on Xbox
Microsoft had previously warned that Xbox Series X stock shortages could last "for a few months" after launch, and it appears that this will be the case as retailers continue to sell out quickly whenever stock does appear.
We've seen Xbox Series S stock appear more regularly in the last few weeks, particularly in the UK, but Microsoft's flagship console continues to be extremely hard to find.
The company boasted a 51% revenue increase for its gaming division. It also announced that Xbox Game Pass subscriptions had reached 18 million, and that Xbox hardware sales rose 86%, despite stock being in short supply.
Demand continues to be high for next-gen
The situation Microsoft faces is the same that has plagued Sony's PS5, which is arguably in even higher demand. Scalpers and bots haven't helped with supply issues, as they continue to steal stock away from legitimate customers, only to sell them on for an extortionate price.
The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S released on November 10 and are priced at $499 / £429 / AU$749 and $299 / £249 / AU$499 respectively. We're checking retailers every day to help you secure either console, so you don't have to pay over the odds. You can find a list of quick links below, but bear in mind that almost all of the retailers will be currently out of stock.
Where to buy Xbox Series X: quick links
- GameStop: stock previously available - check for updates
- Best Buy: stock previously available - check for updates
- Amazon: stock previously available - check for updates
- Microsoft: stock previously live today - keep checking
- Walmart: stock previously available - check for updates
- Lenovo: 'sold out' - check for updates
- Newegg: awaiting stock - check for updates
- Target: previously in stock - check for updates
- Sam's Club: awaiting stock - check for updates
Where to buy Xbox Series X UK: quick links
- Game: bundles previously available - check for updates
- Box: ballot system now live - register for a chance to buy
- Very: stock previously available - check for updates
- Argos: Xbox Series X stock previously flashing in and out
- Currys: restock was expected at 1pm GMT but currently unavailable
- Amazon: 'currently unavailable' - check for updates
- John Lewis: Xbox Series X previously in stock - keep refreshing
- Microsoft: Xbox Series X previously in stock - keep refreshing
- Asda: Xbox Series X previously in stock - keep refreshing
- Smyths Toys: stock previously available - check for updates
- AO: awaiting stock - check for updates
- Shopto: awaiting stock - check for updates