Brydge 12.3 Pro+ docking station -
$149.99 $129.99 direct
With this smart-looking docking station from Brydge, you can effectively turn your Surface Pro tablet into a 2-in-1 laptop. And it's currently available at a discount - so check it out.View Deal
The Brydge 12.3 Pro+ doesn’t come with any USB ports, unlike some of its competitors, but it's available for Surface Pro 4, 5, 6 and 7 models.
Available at just under $130, some might say it's just a glorified wireless Bluetooth keyboard - and to some extent it is - but there are a few clear improvements. For a start, once the tablet is docked, it can close and open like a proper laptop, then there’s the fact it uses an actual touchpad that supports multi-touch natively (up to four fingers).
- We've built a list of the best business laptops on the market
- Here's our choice of the best business tablets around
- Check out our list of the best business computers available
The keyboard is also backlit (with three levels of brightness) and its bezels contain an active antimicrobial ingredient that keeps out the nasties.
It's also worth noting that you can’t lock the function (FN) keys and the manufacturer claims the keyboard docking station will last up to six months on a single charge.
While the Surface Book 3 costs around $1,600, the Surface Pro 7 can be had for a much more palatable $899.99 with a similar processor and system memory. As for the Surface Pro Signature Type cover, it is unlikely to offer the same typing experience as the Brydge 12.3 Pro+ due to the differences in design.
- Here's our list of the best laptops for video editing right now
Bear in mind
- If this product is unavailable in your region, you may need to use a specialist parcel-forwarding service to take advantage of the deal
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specifications, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you