The Oukitel WP8 Pro doesn’t necessarily have any unique selling points that really wowed us, but that doesn't mean it's not a solid device - plus, it's available at 40% off.
A balanced specification sheet, coupled with a great price means it's an attractive proposition for anyone looking for a rugged smartphone that can double as an outdoor, waterproof tablet.
Its main selling point is a big 6.49-inch HD+ display, which is just slightly smaller than the 6.88-inch display on the BlackView BV6100.
- Here's our list of the best rugged laptops right now
- We've built a list of the best rugged hard drives available
- Check out our list of the best rugged tablets out there
Add in 4GB of RAM, 64GB onboard storage, Android 10, a massive 5Ah battery, NFC and IP68/69K/MIL-STD-810G and suddenly you have a rather enticing rugged smartphone indeed.
Granted, the entry level Mediatek Octacore CPU and 16-megapixel triple camera sensor might raise a few eyebrows, but these are acceptable compromises given the price.
We’ve been following Oukitel for quite some time now and it has surprised us with a few of its models - especially the WP6, which sports a massive 10Ah battery.
We are still yet to see a 5G rugged smartphone, nearly two years after the technology first hit the scene, although Oukitel rivals Blackview and Ulefone have both promised to launch 5G models later this year.
- Here's our list of the best rugged smartphones on the market
Bear in mind
- If this product ships from mainland China, it will take a month to arrive in the US or UK (and potentially more). You may also be levied an additional tax, either directly or through the courier.
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specifications, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you.