Chuwi LarkBox micro PC - $169/£199 at Amazon
The Chuwi LarkBox is a great buy at its normal price of $300, but becomes an absolute must-have at $169. Featuring components you’d struggle to find in PCs costing twice the price, this machine is also extremely compact and surprisingly well designed. Check it out!View Deal
As laptop and smartphone parts increasingly find their way into desktop computers, miniaturized PCs seem to be the way forward - many of which can now be considered palmtops.
Despite its diminutive size, it also comes with a quad-core processor, 6GB of RAM and 128GB eMMC storage.
- Here's our list of the best business computers right now
- We've built a list of the best small business servers available
- Check out our list of the best video editing PCs on the market
What makes it really stand out, though, is its $169 (£199) price tag at Amazon - and it’s not even Black Friday. At that price, you'd usually only expect 4GB of RAM, 64GB storage and an Atom CPU (as opposed to the far more powerful Gemini-Lake Intel Celeron J4115 found in the LarkBox).
Even more surprising is the fact that you can upgrade the onboard storage thanks to a free M.2 SSD port. It also has 802.11ac Wi-FI, an HDMI 2.0 port, two full size USB ports, a Type-C power port, Bluetooth 5.1 and a 3.5mm audio jack.
In our review, we expressed some concerns over the storage performance and the fact that the Type-C connector is for power only, not for data (preventing you from using a USB monitor with a Type-C power delivery port). But these concerns are easy to set aside, given the LarkBox's miniscule price tag.
- Here's our choice of the best workstations out there
Bear in mind
- If this product is not available in your region, you may need to take advantage of a specialist parcel forwarding service to take advantage of this deal.
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specifications, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you.