Ramadan is here and though less uncertain that last year, we still can't or don't have the luxury of celebrating the holy month as we normally do. There is definitely some comfort if your household is filled with your family but even then, there is only so much to talk about.
To keep you occupied for a little longer, Apple has highlighted a bunch of apps, podcasts and music on your iPhone, iPad or Mac. There are also special offers and promotions throughout the month so make sure you keep an eye out for them.
App Store Ramadan highlights
The App Store will be featuring original stories and collections on the Today tab during the month of Ramadan highlighting unique content including apps and games with special offers.
Below is a list of apps that will be offering exclusive in-app Ramadan offers and elements, live ops for the whole month:
- Ramadan favourites (opens in new tab)- Essential apps for self-care, prayer tracking, cooking, and more.
- Share your Ramadan story (opens in new tab) - A how-to story featuring InShot to help readers create a homemade Ramadan video.
- Follow the moon with Night Sky (opens in new tab) - Highlighting some of Night Sky’s features through which users can interact with the Moon.
- Light up the lantern with PUBG Mobile (opens in new tab) - A deep dive on the limited-time Ramadan surprises of PUBG Mobile.
Food & Drink:
- Sayidaty Kitchen (opens in new tab): Your go-to guide for delicious recipes and cooking methods.
- My Fitness Pal (opens in new tab): The app that will help you lose weight, tone up, get healthy, change your habits, or start a new diet.
- Shahid (opens in new tab): Gain access to more than 20,000 hours of original productions, premieres, movies all in one place.
- Storytel Audiobooks and EBooks (opens in new tab): Sit back, relax and step into a world of stories. Enjoy unlimited listening and reading of audio books and e-books in English and other languages.
- Colorful: Art Colouring Game (opens in new tab): Have fun coloring mandalas, patterns, or animals with this therapeutic adults coloring book app.
- Garena Free Fire - The Cobra (opens in new tab): The ultimate survival shooter game available on mobile. Each 10-minute game places you on a remote island where you are pit against 49 other players, all seeking survival.
- Yalla Ludo - Ludo & Domino (opens in new tab): Kill time and play Ludo or Domino with your friends online.
- Jawaker: Card Games & Friends (opens in new tab): Play Baloot, Tarneeb, and Saudi Deal, and chat with friends on Jawaker, a great app for Arab card games.
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run! (opens in new tab): Join Crash Bandicoot and his sister Coco on a mission to save the multiverse.
Apple Music Ramadan highlights
To help you reconnect with nostalgia and legacy content, Apple Music is featuring “Fawazir Ramadan”, the Pan Arab daily hit show with famous celebrities Sharihan and Nelly, exclusively on the platform. The live recordings of the show are now digitized and released as albums for the first time to celebrate the golden age in Egypt.
The Islamic Music Category is hosting a selection of new dynamic playlists with the overarching theme “Inspired by Faith", including Qawwali, Anasheed, Dastgah, Na'at.
- Qawwali (opens in new tab): All-time great qawwals meet a new generation of Sufi singers in this world-class selection of qawwali.
- Anasheed (opens in new tab): In this collection of anasheed classics, prominent monsheden and singers from around the world join their voices in songs of praise that awaken the spirit and uplift the soul.
- Dastgah (opens in new tab): Mesmerising santur- and violin-driven instrumentals power this monthly updated tribute to Persian traditional music.
- Inspired by Faith (opens in new tab): Modern faith-based songs come from a rich global palette of genres and styles.
- Qasidah (opens in new tab): This rolling selection, featuring widely respected reciters and budding artists, merges recent a cappella interpretations of the classic Qasida Burda alongside uplifting, key-laden contemporary melodies.
Apple Podcasts Ramadan highlights
On Apple Podcasts this Ramadan, there is a super-room (opens in new tab) dedicated to helping you find the perfect podcast. From peaceful and relaxing shows to get you to unwind to binge-worthy true crimes to podcasts that go great while you’re cooking.
- Al Silah (Finyal Media) (opens in new tab): Two estranged brothers are forced to go on a road trip cross country as part of their father’s dying wish. This trip brings them closer together.
- Abu Abdo AlHakawati (Rising Giants Network) (opens in new tab): Carrying the tradition of storytelling in Ramadan, Abu Abdo will tell true stories from around the world in a rhythmic and immersive way.
- Dom Tak (Sowt) (opens in new tab): In this special Ramadan edition of the Dom Tak podcast, we dive into oceans of spiritual and festive music across the region, from Umayyad Mosque prayer circles in Syria, to Islamic pop!
- Lo'ma w Lamma (Kerning Cultures): A Ramadan foodie show focus on interviewing notable chefs as they walk listeners through their favourite dishes, their journey to become a chef and the heritage of our food.