Hub71, Abu Dhabi’s tech innovators and startups hub, has launched the region’s first Microsoft Reactor Program and welcomed 17 new startups selected from 47 countries.
Hub71, which opened its programme to the public last October, received 348 applications from 47 countries – with the UAE, US, Lebanon, India and Egypt forming the top five countries.
41% of applicants said they would move their teams to Abu Dhabi if they were selected – validating the Emirate’s position as a regional tech hub.
Startups that applied to the Hub71 Incentive Programme were predominately in the sectors of Fintech, Artificial Intelligence and e-commerce, with 72% of applicants in the ‘seed’ stage – having raised $100,000 to $1m and 28% of applicants in the ‘emergent’ stage – have raised $1-5m.
As part of its strategic partnership with Microsoft, Hub71’s Microsoft Reactor Program will be a centre for technical learning and knowledge-sharing where developers and startup founders can connect with the local community.
“Built to support the Gulf’s unprecedented rate of digital transformation, we believe bringing these elements together with Mubadala and Hub71 will be a catalyst for the region. The concentration of globally-minded startups, investors and industry, represents an enormous opportunity,” Jeana Jorgensen, General Manager, Cloud and AI Division at Microsoft, said.
The program will provide a curriculum to help these professionals strengthen expertise around emerging topics such as cloud services and Artificial Intelligence. This comprehensive program is available to Hub71 residents and the broader community free of charge
“The 17 winning startups joining Hub71 will add diversity to Abu Dhabi’s tech economy from around the world and creating new jobs in the Emirate,” Ibrahim Ajami, Head of Ventures at Mubadala Capital, said.
The AED1b mega-hub - Hub71 - is in collaboration with a number of major organisations and business players, including Microsoft, Mubadala, Abu Dhabi Global Market and SoftBank.
- Jibrel aims to bring tokenisation of traditional financial assets to life
- Dubai-based Blue Logic is cashing in on growing need for chatbot solutions
- Qafila aims to become the Careem of UAE's freight forwarding industry
Latest cohort admitted into Incentive Program
- Dapi: Unified open banking platform for Fintech applications.
- Smart Navigation Systems: Outdoor to indoor location-based solution that provides wayfinding and location-aware messaging.
- Smart Crowd: MENA’s first and only regulated real estate investment platform that allows for micro-investments in real estate.
- Klangoo: Provides Natural Language Processing (NLP) services to a multitude of domains through AI.
- Nestrom: Mobile-first SaaS operational quality management software to capture quality data, generating follow-up actions and real-time analytics.
- GetBee: Enterprise software, digitally transforming providers in healthcare, education and professional service.
- BulkWhiz: First bulk grocery e-commerce platform in the region, powered by home grown artificial intelligence.
- Tenderd: Offers a secure, simple and reliable way to rent construction equipment.
- Rise: Democratizes access to essential cross border financial services for modest income migrants through accessible social platforms.
- Teacherly: Collaborative lesson planning and peer to peer coaching platform with a focus on interactive curriculum and flexible teaching.
- Humtap: Music & Video original content generation AI, Deep Tech, Social Platform.
- The Concept: Innovates through hardware, technology and material selection by taking mundane products and making them data driven and sustainable.
- Okadoc: Instant booking platform that allows patients to search & find in-network doctors across 130+ specialties.
- EarthX: Data mapping software company enabling users to aggregate, organize and visualize geospatial data in the form of 'Layers' and 'GeoStories’.
- Precious Payload: SaaS product for satellite industry to make planning and execution of space missions easier by taking care of the paperwork, technical analysis and supply chain management.
- RedCrow: Offers risk mitigation to organizations and individuals, through a platform that provide real-time security intelligence feeds supported by statistics, a mapping system, Big Data Infrastructure, Arabic NLP and Forecasting Technology.
- Natilus: Builds autonomous airfreight aircrafts.